Build creative. Build fast. Build smartly.
Environmentally friendly construction
Building new visions
What is cross-laminated timber (CLT)?
Cross-laminated timber (CLT) by Stora Enso is a massive wood construction product consisting of at least three single-layer panels that are bonded together crosswise. We use only environmentally-friendly adhesives to press them into structural panels of exceptional dimensional stability and rigidity. CLT is available in different panel thicknesses depending on your structural requirements. We currently offer dimensions up to 2.95 × 16 m.
High precision in the factory, high safety on site
CLT panels are pre-cut to size using computer-controlled cutting machines that make complex cuts with high precision. The panels are generally prefabricated and transported to the building site.
- Rapid assembly and construction on site helps to save time and lower total costs
- Exceptionally strong, stiff and stable, can handle load transfer on all sides
- Massive structure provides good thermal and sound insulation, plus impressive performance in event of fire
- Sustainably sourced and produced wood can help meet carbon offset requirements and lower your environmental footprint
- Strength combined with two-directional, long-span capabilities open up for innovative designs in wood
What is LVL?
LVL harnesses the natural power of tough Nordic spruce fibres. LVL is made from 3 mm thick, rotary-peeled veneers that are bonded together under heat and pressure. LVL comes in a maximal billet size of 24 m x 2.5 m – one of the biggest sizes in the market – for maximum flexibility and design possibilities. The billets can be cut to length and sawn into LVL beams or panels based on customer requirements.
A new wave of agile construction with renewable resources
LVL is a renewable, carbon-neutral alternative to traditional construction materials that can have large environmental footprints. As trees grow – and when they are used as timber in buildings – they efficiently store carbon.
- Twice as strong as steel proportionate to weight: Lighter weight simplifies lifting and framing, and lowers logistical costs
- Uniform, predictable and dimensionally stable
- Easy to drill, cut, fasten and fit
- Works well together with other products (CLT and rib panels) for maximum efficiency
- Pre-fabrication speeds installation time, reduces manual labour and construction waste